There are 2 flu vaccines, one for people aged 65 and over and another for people under 65.
We have vaccinated the majority of our patients aged 65 and over who requested their vaccination. If you are in this age group, and not yet had your vaccination but would like one, please call the surgery. We will take your details and contact you as soon as we get more vaccines in.
If you are under the age of 65 and
- Have a chronic disease
- are pregnant
- are in a long-stay residential care
- receive a carer’s allowance, or are the main carer for an older or disabled person who may be at risk if you get sick
- live with someone on the NHS shielded patient list
- frontline health or social care workers
- you are entitled to a flu vaccine. Please contact the surgery as soon as possible to make an appointment with the Nursing team.
- If you are aged 50-64 but not in any of the eligible groups, the Government have said they will provide flu vaccines for you. We have no information as to when these vaccines will be made available. Please do not call the surgery. We will update our website when we have further information.
- We have the child flu vaccines in stock and will be texting parents/guardians of eligible children over the next few days to invite you to make a convenient appointment.